Paddy Cassidy (1893 – 1949)
(2nd March 1893 – 8th February 1949) Paddy, a brother of John and Frank’s, was regarded as a fine fiddle player and also played the piccolo as a boy with the Carrick fife and drum band. He had a good head for business and around 1930 purchased an army building from Finner Army Camp in South Donegal. Located at An Charraig, on the road to Teileann, Cassidy’s Hall became famous for its maple floor and was recognised as one of the most popular dancehalls in south-west Donegal. Paddy was also a good mechanic and purchased a car in 1934 which he operated as a hackney. He suffered from poor health and passed away at a relatively young age in 1949.