Cairdeas na bhFidiléirí
COVID 19 – VIRTUAL EVENTS
DURING THE TIME WHEN LIVE EVENTS AND GATHERINGS ARE NOT POSSIBLE – WE HAVE SOME VIRTUAL EVENTS – BOTH ARE 8PM IN IRELAND.
- SUNDAY NIGHTS AT 8PM – A FIDDLE CONCERT
- WEDNESDAY NIGHTS AT 8PM – MOVIE NIGHT – A FIDDLE/MUSIC RELATED FILM
THESE EVENTS CAN BE ACCESSED THROUGH OUR FACEBOOK FEED HERE: https://www.facebook.com/cairdeas.bhfidileiri
Welcome to Cairdeas na bhFidiléirí, Our name means the ‘friendship or association of fiddle players’.
We formed our organisation in the early 1980’s to help support and promote the art of fiddle playing in the Donegal tradition. We operate as a not-for-profit voluntary organisation and we invest all of our income directly into our events, programmes, publications, projects and support for living artists. Our work is recognised by An Chomhairle Ealaíon/The Arts Council who provide vital financial support for our work.
Our mission statement is simple – we want to:
- strengthen Donegal fiddle playing at its roots
- improve standards of fiddle playing
- promote participation in all aspects of Donegal fiddle music
- encourage the transmission of the Donegal styles and repertoire
Caoimhín Mac Aoidh, An Crann Darach, Tullyhorkey, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal
Email: donegalfiddlemusic(at)gmail.com (anti-spam)
Company Registration Number: 634939
Chairman, Dr. Caoimhín Mac Aoidh; Vice Chairman, Gearóid Ó Maonaigh; Secretary’
Siobhán Ní Churraighín.